Let’s talk Sinks
One of the first things I did when I decided that I did not want to deal with allergies any longer was to remove harmful chemicals from beneath the sinks. After a lot of research, I decided to try some of the products from Shaklee.
The cleaning products, hand soap and dish soap are all great. I was a little concerned about the dishwasher soap because it is a powder. So the remedy is to hand wash the glasses that say “hand wash only” on them.
Probably my favorite product is the laundry soap, softener and the fabric sheets. There is no fake pine or lemon or lavender smell. They work great and I have been sleeping like a baby. No more morning allergies. I never thought about the fact that my nose was right next to all that chemically washed fabric.
There is info on the Shaklee website about all of the products and how they help you and how they help the planet. And the company, well, I am very impressed with everything they have done and are doing to help save our mother earth.
So, if you are thinking about trying some of the products, you can contact me or go to my friends website and order direct.
If you would like to know what is under your sink, I listed some things below.
What Toxins are Under Your Sinks?
They can be extremely toxic to children.
They give off fumes that can cause cancer and liver damage.
This is a potent pollutant.
It is the chemical most frequently involved in household poisonings.
It may cause reproductive, endocrine and immune system disorders.
Could contain butylcellosolve and petroleum distillates.
Possibly can dissolve fatty tissue surrounding nerve cells.
They can damage lung tissues.
They are one of the most hazardous products in your home.
They may contain lye.
Lye is a strong caustic substance that causes severe corrosive damage to eyes, skin, mouth and stomach. Lye can be fatal if swallowed.
Most glass cleaners contain ammonia.
Ammonia can irritate your skin, eyes and respiratory system.
Mold and Mildew Removers
They are often an acute respiratory irritant.
They may damage your lungs, eyes and skin.
They are one of the most dangerous cleaning products in your home.
Oven cleaners can cause extreme damage to your eyes, skin, throat and mouth.
These cleaners may contain butyl cellosolve.
Cellosolve is a petroleum-based solvent.
This solvent can irritate your mucous membranes and cause liver and kidney damage.
Toilet Bowl Cleaners
These cleaners are one of the most dangerous cleaning products in your home.
They may contain chlorine and hydrochloric acid.
They are harmful to your health just by breathing during use.
Tub and Tile Cleaners
They may also contain chlorine.
They may contribute to the formation of organocholorines.
Organocholorines are a dangerous class of compounds that can cause reproductive, endocrine and immune system disorders.